Thanks, fellow blogger, Opallaontrails, for nominating me for the Liebster award! Here are the questions presented to me to answer. I answered the first four and threw in numbers five and six for my nominees to answer.
1. If you were to invite five celebrities (authors, musicians, actors, world leaders, even socialites) to your home for dinner, whom would they be and why?
A. Alan Alda. Because I’m a huge M*A*S*H fan and he’s won all the awards there is to win in show business and he would be an amusing addition to the dinner party.
B. Dave Matthews. I’d ask him to play a song for me with his group after I made him dinner. I never tire of his music.
C. Clint Eastwood. Because I could listen to him play jazz piano, talk about movies, and after I charmed him, he’d let me write a screenplay for his next movie.
D. The Dali Lama. Because I think Tenzin Gyatso the XIV is the real McCoy and I could use some wisdom and compassion.
E. Oprah Winfrey. She’s fascinating and I would hope she’d give the thumbs up for my new novel, The Knife with the Ivory Handle.
2. What would you serve them for dinner? Is there any significance in the dish(es) you have chosen? (Don’t worry even if you don’t cook; design the menu and someone will cook for you.)
I love to cook. I bet they all need some comfort food. How about my famous lasagna with really good red wine? Certainly from Blenheim, Dave Matthew’s winery outside of Charlottesville, VA.
3. If you had to travel to an isolated location far from civilization to live for three months without the support of the internet. Name three books that you would bring with you to read. Why?
A. A world history textbook. There’s the whole world to read about and it would keep me interested.
B. A German language text book. I might as practice my skills of Deutsch. I could butcher it all day long and who would care?
C. The c0mplete works of Shakespeare for pleasure.
4. You would be allowed to bring three musical compositions to listen to in #3, what would they be, and why?
I recently wrote a blog about this! Check out, “Music You’d Hear on My Island”.
5. If you could script a favorite Sunday, what would you do?
6. What’s the top three things on your bucket list?
* * * * * *
Now is the fun part, and I can give credit to the blogs I follow which give me something to think about, something to giggle about, something to admire. To my nominees: I hope you’ll accept this award by writing a post to answer the questions below, paste the icon(s) to your post, and also link back to my post. Please nominate three to seven deserving bloggers by writing something to introduce them.
1. http://keithandthemovies.com/ keith7198. Keith at the Movies. We are movie buffs and I respect his opinion and knowledge. He is one of the only movie buffs who will respond and discuss the movies with you. He’s great!
2. http://berniegourley.com/ B Gourley. He is an intellectual with a variety of blog topics. From poetry, to pictures, to essays–his love for the Asian culture comes through frequently. His blogs are interesting.
3. http://retireediary.wordpress.com/ Michael Lai. Diary of a Retiree. From Hong Kong, surely he has been nominated before. He’s my favorite photography blogger. He’s been all over the world, and his shots are unparalleled. He always pays attention to what you are doing and loves to comment. I wish I had his lifestyle!
4. http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/ TMB. “50 Year Project”. My favorite cheery Londoner, TMB’s goal is to “visit 192 countries, read 1,001 books, and watch the top 100 movies”. Well, that sums up all my interests. It’s easy to follow her blog.
I am having such a fun time blogging and I enjoy this blogshere. You all brighten my day! Thanks for stopping by….