Across the globe someone thinks you live somewhere worth visiting. My personal philosophy: never stop being a tourist. A first visit anywhere keeps that zest alive. Try this game. Look at the clue and give yourself a point if you can name the location. Give yourself two points if you’ve photographed your own version of this touristy spot.
1. Strauss’s waltz echoes in the hills
2. The Best Mall
3. A President lived here
4. Great skiers ski here
5. Maria and 7 Von Trapps sang here.
6. I should have stayed at this capital longer.
7. Northwest city famous for fish, flowers, and loud fans
8. November 9, 1989
9. The most visited paid monument in the world
Too much champagne under the Eiffel Tower? If not here, where?
10. The Sun King’s workplace and residence
11. Dave Matthews Band plays here every summer
12 & 13 December 7, 1941
14. Something funny happened on the way.
How many points did you rack up? What’s your favorite touristy place?