Woah! WordPress notified me that today my blog is five years old. Thank you, friends, for liking and commenting over the years. You make me happy, and I appreciate the time you’ve taken to comment and share your thoughts. This marker made me wonder–what was my first post on November 25, 2012?
I started looking through the gallery of posts, almost 500, varying from film to photography and other cultural topics like art, books, and music and thought I’d share several that meant something to me for varying reasons.
1. I spent many seasons hiking around this Virginia lake before moving to Arizona.
2. I enjoyed connecting a pair of films and placing them side by side for analysis. I fell away from doing that; it was an activity that attracted traffic and encouraged fun conversations.
3. I enjoy sharing my favorite music. The musicianship from these three favorites never grows old. Here’s a preview — start at 3:00 for the Tony Banks solo.
4. When I started the Lucky 13 Film Club 3 years ago–yes, three–this entry wins for the most thought-provoking conversation with 123 comments.
5. I spent time creating this pairing between the film and the book with hopes it would be intellectually interesting to those who appreciate history.
6. I was in the right place at the right time when the desert cacti exploded into magnificence.
7. Greece. It’s hard to take a bad picture in a beautiful place.
8. Creative Writing–The research behind the writing was fun to post.
9. “In My Opinion” posts are personal. I’d like my children and grandchildren to get to know me through these posts one day.
Looking forward to 2018. Thanks, everyone!